BAJRA SANDHI MONUMENT DENPASAR BALI
The address of the Bajra Sandhi Monument is on Jalan Puputan No. 142, Panjer, Denpasar, Bali. Bajra Sandhi Monument is located in front of the Governor of Bali’s Office, expressing a tall bell looming in lotus (seroja), the symbol of the meeting of lingga and yoni, namely the nature of masculinity and femininity, meaning to give birth to fertility and prosperity,so that the welfare of the people is created. This building applies the Tri Mandala conception.
The trip from the airport takes about 30 minutes to drive motorbikes, the location is not so far and easily accessible. Arriving at the location, when entering the building, tourists can go up to the top of the temple to see the beauty around the city park, this building is located in Puputan Renon field.
Dioramas & Stories
This monument holds a series of dioramas that depict the heroism of the Balinese people in upholding sovereignty and participating in the struggle for the founding of the Republic of Indonesia. Behind its grandeur, this monument holds a number of interesting stories and unique facts that are not widely known by the public. The establishment of this monument began with the selection of architectural designs by Ir. Ida Bagus Gede Yadnya in 1981. In the competition held by the Bali provincial government, Gede Yadnya proposed a monument to commemorate the struggle of the people of Bali. Through a long process, finally this designbegan to be realized in 1987 on the initiative of the former Governor of Bali, Ida Bagus Mantra.
Bajra Sandhi Monument Building
This monument was finally inaugurated during the time of President Megawati Soekarno Putri, precisely on June 14, 2003. The monument building on the Main Mandala is arranged into 3 floors:
- Utamaning Utama Mandala is the 3rd floor, with the top position functioning as a space of tranquility, a place of silence enjoying the distant atmosphere around the monument.
- Madyaning Utama Mandala is the second floor functioning as a place for diaroma, totaling 33 units. The second floor (two) is a miniature display of the struggle of the Balinese people from time to time. On the outside around this room there is a porch or open terrace to enjoy the ambience around.
- Nistaning Utama Mandala is the ground floor of the Monument Building, there is an information room, library room, exhibition hall, meeting room, administration room, building, toilet. In the middle of the room there is a lake that is named as Puser Tasik, eight majestic pillars, also a rising stair shaped like a tread.
In the building the monument the visitors can see Amertha jar, created with kumba (a kind of pot), Naga Basuki’s tail materializes near Swamba & his head at Kori Agung, the Bedawang Akupa body is manifested on the foundation of the monument, its head on Kori Agung, Mendara
Giri Mountain is realized with a towering monument, The pool surrounds the monument, likened to Ksirarnawa (sea of milk).
- Bring camera to capture every beautiful moment in there
- Bajra Sandhi monument are open every day between 8.30 to 16.30. The best time to visit this place is in the afternoon because the sun isn’t too hot.
Bali Tour Packages / One Day Tour
We offer various bali tour packages and day tour. Please see details of our best from the best Bali Full Day Tours here
Bali Top Holidays also Offer 3,4 and 5 days Holiday Package called Bali Tour Package
This package will bring you to explore main Bali tourism site, from the center of the islands, northern and eastern islands tourist destination.
Bali Top Holiday Tour & Travel
Please contact this number/email or chat at Whatsapp to make a booking
Phone : +6282147834120, +6281236727210 ,
Whatsapp : +62812 4664 8579/ +62812 3672 7210
Office phone number : (+62361) 464 623
Email : email@example.com